For those of you who don’t know, paella catering relates to a dish rich in its ingredients and history. It is a savoury dish dating from the old days in Valencia in Spain. The dish is so special that for you to make it, one thing you’d need is a pan. It is made from saffron rice with chorizo, vegetables, chicken, and some seafood.
The best part of it is that your dish will be done in no time since it is easy to prepare and cook. Before you can begin your paella catering Sydney business, you need to know about the dish.
Ingredients For Your Paella Catering
Different chefs have modified the dish over the years, but some ingredients stay the same regardless. The ingredients you are sure to find include:
- Rice: What is paella catering without the main ingredient? Rice is the primary ingredient in this dish. It was made initially using only Spanish rice, but any short-grain rice would do.
- Vegetables: You can’t say you’re preparing a dish without your red bell peppers and Spanish onions.
- Chicken: The chicken breasts are required. Most people use any part of the flesh like the thigh and legs. But making it traditionally requires the breast.
- Shrimp: Another essential ingredient for your paella catering is shrimp. The shrimp needs to be peeled and deveined before cooking.
- Spices: This dish is richly spiced, which accounts for part of its yummy taste. Some of the spices used include; saffron, garlic, paprika, oregano, Italian parsley, bay leaf, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and salt. You never forget your salt.
- Chicken stock: This is added for one reason: to keep the dish from drying out.
Recipe For Paella Catering
To begin making this dish, the first thing you need is your paella pan. The pan is flat and wide and designed to give it a crispy crust. It is not compulsory, though, since you can use any wide and shallow pan in its stead.
The process needed for paella catering includes:
- The first step is to mix your paprika, olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano in a bowl and marinate it.
- Secondly, you add your chicken to the mix and stir. You then have to refrigerate it until when needed.
- Step three entails heating two tablespoons of olive oil with medium heat. Stir in pepper and garlic flakes; after this, stir in your rice. Cook and ensure you stir till the rice has been coated with oil.
- You add in your spices, including the saffron threads, Italian parsley, bay leaf, lemon zest, and chicken stock.
Keep stirring until it is adequately mixed and simmer. Reduce the heat to medium/low, cover the pan, and heat for about twenty minutes.
- In step five, you heat the olive oil in another frypan over a medium setting heat while the rice is cooking.
Stir the marinated chicken in and allow to cook for about three minutes. Add your onion and allow to cook until it looks translucent.
- Add the sausage and bell pepper, stir while you cook and mash the sausage. Add the shrimp, cook, and stir until your shrimp is bright pink at the outer part and your meat is opaque.
- Serve the rice, and spread your seafood and meat mixture over it.
And just like that, you have your dish ready to go. It is best served hot, so make sure to dig in right after cooking.
We’re done with the recipe, and you should be able to make your own paella. However, if you aren’t confident in your abilities, you can always get a professional to help out. These people will make sure the dish turns out perfectly. Paella catering is a delicate project. Hopefully, our recipe will help you in the cooking process.